Accountant opportunity in beautiful Hamilton, Montana!!
Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital is seeking candidates to fill a staff Accountant position.
The staff accountant is responsible to assist the Fiscal Services Department Head in
maintaining, developing and monitoring the accounting systems for the Hospital. This
consists of all aspects of general ledger accounting including accounts
payable, inventory, payroll, fixed assets, budget preparation and monitoring, and cash
postings. This position is responsible for data extractions, compilation
and analysis to
ensure accuracy and correctness in reporting.
Create accurate, timely General Ledger posting and reconciles general ledger
accounts on a daily / monthly / yearly basis as needed including General
Ledger posting from 3rd party systems. Able to identify problems, inconsistencies or other errors
and develop workable solutions.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Able
to work as a team effectively with co-workers across all levels of the
organization, independent accounting firms and governmental agencies.
- Assist with payroll calculations for employed and contracted physicians
- Extract data and help prepare reports as needed such as DSH, cost report,
tax returns, National Databank, and Board of Director reports. Able to
maintain the accounting and statistical integrity of internal data.
- Assist the CFO as assigned.
- Demonstrate adherence to the laws and regulations passed by official regulating
bodies, general principles of conduct and internal policy and procedures.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Licensures, Certifications, Registrations: CPA or Masters in Accounting preferred
- Job Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: General Accounting
- Experience: Previous experience in hospital accounting preferred
Benefits: This position is full time. Position is eligible for the full benefit package.
About our Community: Hamilton is located in southwestern Montana in the heart of the Bitterroot
Valley, which lies between the Bitterroot Mountain Range and the Sapphire
Mountains. Hamilton is the largest town and the county seat of Ravalli
County with a population of about 45,000 people in the county. Hamilton
is the perfect place to raise a family in a small-town atmosphere that
still provides the amenities of a larger town. The Bitterroot Valley is
perfect for individuals who enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking, skiing, golfing
and snowmobiling. Montana is appropriately referred to as “The Treasure
State” and Hamilton is one of Montana’s finest treasures.
Marcus Daly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.