Marcus Daly Emergency Room Services
Treating Medical Emergencies in Ravalli County 24/7
The Emergency Department at Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital is prepared to
handle everything from heart attacks to broken bones with top-notch efficiency
and skill. Patient care is available around the clock, and the emergency
room is staffed with
board certified physicians, specially trained ER nurses, and dedicated support staff. Many emergency
patients are treated in the ER and released the same day, while patients
with more serious illness or injury are admitted to other departments
or transferred for further treatment.
How Do I Know If I Need To Visit the Emergency Room?
It is not always easy to evaluate whether an injury can be treated at home
or if emergency medical help is needed.
If you or someone you are with exhibits any combination of following symptoms,
it is recommended that you call 911 immediately.
- Sudden or unexplained loss of consciousness
- Sudden onset of one-sided weakness or confusion
- Sudden or severe pain that does not subside
- Chest pain
- Sudden onset of numbness in the face, arm or leg
- Sudden onset of slurred speech
- Severe shortness of breath
- High fever accompanied by stiff neck or mental confusion
- Coughing or vomiting blood
- Severe cuts or wounds that will not stop bleeding
- A possible broken bone resulting from a fall or other activity
If you are not experiencing emergent or life-threatening symptoms but still
need medical attention as quickly as possible, be sure to visit the
Convenient Care Clinic.
Things to Know About Emergency Care
Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services (EMS) provides
emergency medical services in Ravalli County. Our hospital-based Emergency
Medical Services has stations strategically located in Hamilton, Darby,
and Stevensville and provide emergency medical care 24/7, 365 days a year.
Our EMS Department provides response to 911 calls, inter-facility transfers,
and standbys for events. We also facilitate EMS related education including
refreshers and original provider classes.