Marcus Daly Bladder Cancer Services
Providing Contemporary Bladder Cancer Care in Hamilton, Montana
Bitterroot Valley Bladder Cancer Treatment
At Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital, some of the many bladder cancer treatment
options we offer include:
Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview®
Marcus Daly Surgery Center is one of only a few health care providers to offer blue light cystoscopy,
a unique technology to detect and diagnose tumors in the bladder. Also
known as Cysview®, this enhanced imaging procedure helps the urologist
find bladder tumors more easily than standard cystoscopy (examination
of the bladder through a small scope), which can miss some tumors that
are too small to find with standard cystoscopy.
- Better inspection of the bladder for cancer, especially small or flat tumors.
- Better removal of bladder tumors when they are first discovered.
- Leads to fewer recurrences of bladder cancer.
- Improved information to use to plan future care for bladder cancer.
In the waiting area prior to cystoscopic surgery for bladder cancer, a
catheter is placed into the bladder through the urethra and is used to
place the Cysview® solution in the bladder. The solution is left in
the bladder for about an hour prior to the surgery.
When surgery starts, a scope is used to inspect the bladder first with
a regular white light. Next, the inspection is repeated with blue light
to identify bladder cancer cells. Any abnormal areas are biopsied.
- Patients with suspected first-time bladder cancer planning to have a biopsy.
- Patients who have not previously been evaluated with Cysview® at the
time of checkups for tumor recurrence.
- Patients with multiple non-muscle invasive bladder cancer.
- Patients with positive urine cytology with no visible tumors with standard
Intravesical therapy for bladder cancer involves the placement of a liquid
drug directly into the bladder.
A partial cystectomy is a surgical procedure where part of the bladder
Transurethral Resection (TUR)
Also known as a transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT), a transurethral
resection is utilized when bladder cancer spreads to the muscle layer
of the bladder wall.
Urological Treatment for Bladder Cancer in Hamilton, MT